Fire Preparation for Businesses
As heaters along Gulf Coast start coming on, we receive an uptick in fire and smoke damage related calls. A fire in your business can be costly from a time perspective as well as the loss of business revenue and the cost for the repairs themselves. A business interruption like a fire could cause the business to be closed for days to several months depending on the severity of the damage. Fortunately, there are several ways that you can reduce this impact on your business.
- Install Fire Alarm System
- A smoke alarm will automatically notify first responders as well as alert your staff Early warning systems that alert your staff to the presence of fire.
- Install Fire Sprinkler System
- A sprinkler systems will assist by actively controlling fire until firefighters arrive. While a sprinkler system only releases a fraction of water as standard fire hoses, they can greatly minimize potential damage.
- Consult Fire Protection Engineering Company
- A specialized fire engineering group may be able to help you in designing fire-resistant elements the construction or renovation of your building.
- Contact SERVPRO of Hattiesburg for a SERVPRO READY Plan
- A emergency response plan can greatly unexpected disasters. Your plan should include emergency shut-offs and locations, vendor contacts and insurance information. Contact SERVPRO of Baldwin County by calling (251)928-9625 and a representative will set up your free plan.
Whatever you choose to do for your business, you should always make sure that your systems are regularly inspected and maintained in order to ensure proper operation. You may use a combination or just one of these ideas, but we hope this information will help you better decide what fits with your individual company's needs.
In the event of a fire damage, the team at SERVPRO of Baldwin County is here to help. We are a full service restoration company that is IICRC Certified in Fire and Smoke Restoration. Our highly trained team is always Here to Help: 251-928-9625.