The Mold Mitigation & Remediation Process
The Mold Mitigation & Remediation Process: What Happens?
When there's water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold can become a problem in your home or business. Mold can affected your health and can also cause significant property damage. Although every mold damage scenario is different, the general mold remediation process stays the same. The following steps illustrate a "typical" mold removal process:
- Call SERVPRO of Baldwin County
- Inspection and Damage Assessment
- Your property will be carefully inspected for signs of mold using technology designed to detect mold and hidden water sources. Mold feeds on cellulose and water which can be hidden from plain view.
- Mold Containment
- Various containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
- Air Filtration
- Specialized filtration equipment captures microscopic mold spores out of the area. SERVPRO of Baldwin County Technicians utilize equipment such as air scrubbers and commercial grade HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in progress.
- Cleaning Contents & Belongings
- SERVPRO of Baldwin County will clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, and other restorable items affected by mold. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings. We are also trained to remove odors and deodorize using fogging equipment.
- Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may be removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet, or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO of Baldwin County
SERVPRO of Baldwin County understands mold and mold growth, and has the training and equipment to remediate mold in your home or business. We are ready to help if a fire, water, or mold loss occurs. Call on a restoration company serving insurance companies and their insureds, as well as commercial property owners across Baldwin County. You can trust the SERVPRO Brand! Call us today: 251-928-9625 / 251-943-6244