Commercial Cleaning Services
Whether you need cleaning for a commercial office or require industrial cleaning services, your local SERVPRO of Baldwin County can help. You don’t have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office or warehouse. When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, call in your local SERVPRO of Baldwin County team. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on SERVPRO of Baldwin County Professionals to make your workspace or warehouse look its very best.
SERVPRO of Baldwin County will get the job done right and get it done quickly, because the SERVPRO Advantage includes these benefits:
- Award-winning training
- Over 40 years’ experience in the industry
- More than 100 exclusive cleaning products
Have Questions? Call Today 251-928-9625
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward to provide your employees and customers ongoing safety as you operate after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Specialty Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Baldwin County offer cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. They have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Their cleaning services include the following:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls
- Document Restoration
- Drapes and Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Trauma and Crime Scene
What is SERVPRO of Baldwin County's "Standard of Care"?
Commercial Restoration can be a very specific and detail oriented business. All commercial projects com loaded with many different shifting and complicated variables like source of water, Affected building materials, date of water intrusion, water category and class as well as the type of business that you are dealing with. Following the guidelines for the proper industry Standard of Care provides a project template key metrics for an optimal outcome for our commercial water damage restoration customers. SERVPRO of Baldwin County is committed to following and documenting the proper Standard of Care throughout the entire commercial water damage restoration project. At SERVPRO we will get your property back in order "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Standard for “Standard of Care”
The standard of care in the Commercial Restoration industry is pretty easy to find through the IICRC. The Standard of Care in Commercial Water Damage (S550) is a procedural industry standard for performing water damage restoration in commercial, industrial institutional, and complex residential structures, systems and furniture, fixtures and equipment. The Standard of Care is determined and updated by the restoration industry governing body, the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning Restoration Certification)
Why is Water Damage Restoration Standard of Care Important?
Following the Standard of Care matters on commercial water damage restoration projects because SERVPRO of Baldwin County is committed to providing the industry’s optimal efficiency and outcome for every customer in every circumstance. Choosing SERVPRO of Baldwin County as your restoration contractor ensures that your loss will be mitigated according to the highest industry standards, saving you time and money against recurring or secondary loss such as structural instability or microbial growth. Following the Standard of Care for commercial water damage restoration gets you back in business and protects your structure, customers, employees, and reputation.
Furthermore, should the loss be an insurance claim, the carrier will expect and require adherence to the Standard of Care in order to consider the claim. Accurate documentation includes detailed photographs of the loss and the progress, the Advanced Record of Drying Conditions Report, Inspection Report (updated daily during the drying period).
Standard of Care – a professional company will provide documentation and proof of work.
As a valued commercial ERP (Emergency Response Program) customer, you are presented with your Standard of Care Packet following the successful mitigation of the loss. Your representative will review this packet with you in a debriefing conversation. The document is for your records in case a question arises or should you decide to sell the property. The Standard of Care Restoration Packet includes photographs of the loss, the drying documents, the work authorization, and any other documents specific to your loss and industry.
Standard of Care – Your Goal is Our Goal
The Standard of Care in commercial water damage restoration is sophisticated and can be complicated to execute successfully, but choosing SERVPRO of Baldwin County for your commercial water loss makes it easy for you. You call us… we take care of the details for you.
For more information on our Commercial Water Damage services please contact SERVPRO of Baldwin County at 251-928-9625 or contact us to get started on an Emergency Response Plan for your business.
Water Restoration can be a tough job! Although each situation is unique, one thing is always the common factor: water is involved! Our main focus when SERVPRO of Baldwin County arrives to your home or business after a water loss is to ensure that our skilled and trained technicians successfully locate the problem and successfully dry out the loss location.
What Is Important?
Figuring out the movement of water in the affected area is very important. It makes a difference in the cost of mitigating a water loss and the length of time that mitigation takes if the proper steps are not taken to remove the water, remove the affected materials if necessary, and dry out the affected materials that remain onsite. Thankfully, SERVPRO of Baldwin County has the right equipment, the right detection tools, and trainer employees who know exactly what to do to save you money and time.
Water removal can run more smoothly with an experienced and well-equipped team at your side. Call SERVPRO of Baldwin County at 251-928-9625. We're Always Here To Help!
The first 24 to 48 hours after fire damage are critical for a quick recovery. An effective response that stabilizes the facility ensures the recovery of as much property as possible. Soot and smoke damage which can be very acidic increases the breakdown and building materials and personal property. To add to this, fires are most frequently extinguished with water and dry chemicals, which while effective in putting out the fire, often creates additional damage. Also, you cannot forget about the odor that is left behind. While the odor will vary depending on the both the cause and degree of damage, it is always a significant factor. The smoke odor left behind is toxic. In addition to the acidic nature of soot and smoke, they contain known carcinogens. The odor left behind after a fire may increase if the odor is not neutralized and deodorized properly and immediately.
While all damages are unique, the fire damage restoration process is best if begun immediately following the fire. By quickly mitigating damage and providing smoke damage cleanup and water restoration after the damage first occurs, more of the property is able to be restored versus replaced. In addition to the building damage, the personal property must also be taken into account. Our team will develop a plan to restore the personal property by evaluating several factors such as replacement cost vs. restoration cost, determining if the item is truly salvageable, loss of value or use, and sentimental value.
SERVPRO of Baldwin County specializes in full service fire damage restoration. These services can include: emergency board-up, demolition, smoke and soot removal, deodorization and cleaning, contents/claim inventory service, contents cleaning, and reconstruction.
Available 24/7/365: 251-928-9625
Recent Review - Why SERVPRO?
Water damages can be stressful, but especially so during the holidays. Holidays are meant to be a time to gather with family and enjoy, often at home... so when the unexpected happens, it can be quite an unwelcome surprise! Rest assured, if you experience a water or fire damage, our team will treat you with the utmost professionalism and courtesy - 24/7/365.
A client contacted us the night of Christmas Eve with a water emergency. This is what she had to say about her experience on Google:
"I had water damage that occurred on Christmas Eve and I called SERVPRO they worked around my schedule, they were extremely professional and very kind at a very stressful time. They explained everything in detail and Andrew followed up on a daily basis and Dylan, and Lucas were also kind and respectful. They made what was a horrible situation on a holiday into a reassuring," with a we can do this attitude", which was so calming to me. I would recommend SERVPRO and this crew in particular to anyone who is dealing with damage to their home."
Contact SERVPRO of Baldwin County
While water damages can be stressful, rest assured that our team of professionals are always available to help ease the burden. Providing quality service with professionalism, promptness, and courtesy to all of our clients is our daily mission. We are always Here to Help.
Are You Prepared for a Disaster?
Living on the Gulf Coast, we are reminded of the importance of having a disaster or emergency recovery plan every hurricane season. Especially, for your business.
Too often, we do not take the steps to become truly disaster ready until it is too late. But, rest assured, our team at SERVPRO of Baldwin County can help you with this. To prepare your business, we will provide you with an ERP or emergency ready profile. One of the key benefits in setting up an ERP with our team is having all of your relevant and essential property information in one place. It can even include photos or directions that will help emergency responders or employees locate significant items like shutoffs or building access points.
Disasters are a natural part of life so it makes sense to plan for them. Whether it’s an unprecedented pandemic, a hurricane, or a tropical storm, in this region, anything can happen.
Our team is Here to Help you become disaster ready! To set up your free Emergency Ready Profile, call our office today to speak to one of our representatives and ensure that your business is "Ready for whatever happens", just like SERVPRO: 251-928-9625.
Recent Fire in Fairhope
It should come as no surprise that the risk for house fires is especially increased during cooler months. Even causes such as candles which are burned year round spike during the winter.
And, facing the aftermath can be daunting as the damage is often extensive. With fires, you are not only dealing with smoke and fire damage, but often water damage as a result of putting out the fire. In situations like these it is best to rely on a professional like the team at SERVPRO of Baldwin County who is well-versed in the insurance restoration industry.
In early September, our client in Fairhope called after experiencing a house fire from a candle that burned overnight. The fire and water damage was extensive in the Kitchen while the smoke damage was primarily throughout the rest of the home. After assessing the damage, our team developed a scope of services to restore the property back to preloss condition then implemented this scope while keeping the insured and their carrier involved every step of the way. During this time, our contents team also identified non-salvageable items, packed out, and restored the salvageable content. Once our team completed all repairs to the clients satisfaction, it was time to move back in! We received a message from our client the Monday after Thanksgiving saying that it was the best holiday she had had in many years and that her home looked even better than it did before.
News like this is music to our ears! At SERVPRO of Baldwin County, we have a vested interest in helping to rebuild the community because it’s our home, too. Our professionals are trained to handle the specific dangers that can come with cleaning up after a fire such asbroken glass, weakened support beams, toxic materials or mold. We are committed to responding faster to any disaster and prepared to go the extra mile to ensure that your home or property is treated with the utmost respect. If you experience fire or water damage, call the PRO: 251-928-9625.
Top Causes of Fires
Home and business fires can be devastating. The smoke and resulting fire damage can destroy not only you building and personal property, but can also cause injury or even death. It's important to practice safety and be aware of how fires occur so that we can avoid them at all costs. The causes of fires can vary regionally and even seasonally, but their impact is the same. We won't go into these subsets today, but we will discuss the most common causes that affect the US on a national level. So, what are the most common causes of home fires?
According to the NFPA, the top causes of fires are the following:
- The NFPA writes, "Cooking was the leading cause of reported home fires and home fire injuries in 2015-2019 and the second leading cause of home fire deaths. Cooking caused 49 percent of reported home fires, 20 percent of reported home fire deaths, and 42 percent of home fire injuries. In 2019, Thanksgiving was the peak day for home cooking fires, followed by Christmas Day and Christmas Eve." Wow!
- Heating is the second leading cause of home fires. In addition to the devastating damage, fires caused by heating result in an average of $1.1 billion in direct property damage each year. As we approach winter, it's important to practice safety and educate yourself as well as your family on proper safety protocols with heating, especially space heaters.
- Electrical fires are most commonly caused by issues with electrical outlets. It's important to contact a qualified electrician if you experience any of the following:
- Frequent problems blowing tripping breakers
- A static or tingling feeling when you touch an electrical appliance
- Discolored or warm wall outlet or item that has been plugged into a wall outlet
- A burning or rubbery smell
- Flickering or dimming lights
- Sparks or smoking from an outlet
- While smoking accounts for the smallest percentage of home fires, it accounts for over 1/5th of home fire related deaths. If you or a family member smokes, remember that it's best to smoke outside! This goes for e-cigarettes, too, which also fall into this category.
- When we receive fire and smoke related calls caused by candles, it's most often because the caller forgot to extinguish before going to bed or leaving the home. In the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it can be easy to forget something like this! According to the NFPA, more fires caused by candles are reported on Christmas Day than any other day of the year. If you know you will be leaving your home, put your candle in an open place on your counter next to your keys so that you can remember to extinguish the flame before leaving the house. It's also helpful to have someone help you remember or setting a reminder before you light it if you are prone to forgetting. And, for the best tip of all, if the day is hectic like for many on Christmas, just wait to light it once you can enjoy it.
We hope this information serves you and that you can use it to educate yourself as well as your loved ones.
If you experience property damage as a result of a fire, SERVPRO of Baldwin County is here to help. We are available 24/7/365 and can be reached by phone 251-928-9625 or email marketing@SERVPRObaldwincounty.com. Stay safe!
Fire Preparation for Businesses
As heaters along Gulf Coast start coming on, we receive an uptick in fire and smoke damage related calls. A fire in your business can be costly from a time perspective as well as the loss of business revenue and the cost for the repairs themselves. A business interruption like a fire could cause the business to be closed for days to several months depending on the severity of the damage. Fortunately, there are several ways that you can reduce this impact on your business.
- Install Fire Alarm System
- A smoke alarm will automatically notify first responders as well as alert your staff Early warning systems that alert your staff to the presence of fire.
- Install Fire Sprinkler System
- A sprinkler systems will assist by actively controlling fire until firefighters arrive. While a sprinkler system only releases a fraction of water as standard fire hoses, they can greatly minimize potential damage.
- Consult Fire Protection Engineering Company
- A specialized fire engineering group may be able to help you in designing fire-resistant elements the construction or renovation of your building.
- Contact SERVPRO of Hattiesburg for a SERVPRO READY Plan
- A emergency response plan can greatly unexpected disasters. Your plan should include emergency shut-offs and locations, vendor contacts and insurance information. Contact SERVPRO of Baldwin County by calling (251)928-9625 and a representative will set up your free plan.
Whatever you choose to do for your business, you should always make sure that your systems are regularly inspected and maintained in order to ensure proper operation. You may use a combination or just one of these ideas, but we hope this information will help you better decide what fits with your individual company's needs.
In the event of a fire damage, the team at SERVPRO of Baldwin County is here to help. We are a full service restoration company that is IICRC Certified in Fire and Smoke Restoration. Our highly trained team is always Here to Help: 251-928-9625.
Choosing a Restoration Vendor for Tropical Storms and Hurricanes
Following Hurricane Sally, we along with our franchise partners performed several large loss restoration projects along the Alabama Gulf Coast.
We frequently receive questions from clients who manage or on the board of condominium associations about how they can be prepared for tropical storms and hurricanes in order to make the restoration process as seamless and easy as possible.
While each condominium association is unique, there are two tips that apply to all associations, no matter the association's location or budget.
- Choose your restoration vendor ahead of time.
- Resources are always limited after a hurricane or major disaster. By choosing your vendor ahead of time, you give your vendor the opportunity to allocate resources for your building(s) in the event of a damage.
- Allow your vendor to discuss the restoration process with key board members.
- Educating your board and staff beforehand will provide them with confidence and knowledge, and setup realistic expectations of the standards and practices of the insurance restoration process following a large loss. A hurricane is unlikely to happen every year, and with the changing of board members, it would be a good practice to invite your vendor to your annual meeting in order to keep the current board educated.
CHOOSE SERVPRO of Baldwin County
As leaders in the storm and water damage industry, we have advanced training and expertise as well as a tremendous amount of hands-on experience. We are a local company with national resources, and have access to the resources and personnel of 1,700 franchise partners to handle major storms and catastrophic disasters. If your association has storm damage, choose SERVPRO of Baldwin County: 251-928-9625.