Water Damage from Clean Water: What Not to Do:
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment have been exposed to or are submerged in water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors as this could potentially cause staining.
- Leave Oriental rugs or any other rugs on the floor on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock to yourself or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, and especially not on wet concrete flooring.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.